We may receive anonymous crash and usage statistics from our users. You can opt out of sending these by unticking the box on installation or at: Menu > More > Settings > Other > Send usage statistics. We will only use these statistics to fix bugs and improve our products.
We do not collect or store any data entered in password fields.
Your personal vocabulary and language patterns are stored on your device to enable better prediction. We may offer the option to back up your personalised vocabulary and word patterns to your own Google Play account, to allow you to share it with your other personal devices, but this information will never be sent anywhere else and this backup option will only ever be used with your explicit permission.
Our Gmail learning option allows our app to learn from your Sent emails, but we never have access to your login details or password.
Google’s Standard 3rd Party Keyboard Warning
A system message on installation states this app could collect personal data. Rest assured that we do not and will not. We are a responsible company, with academic and government support, which you can verify by searching for “Flexpansion Edinburgh University”.
Flexpansion Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Flexpansion Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 September 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Flexpansion Ltd, c/o Jon Child and Co, 107 Oldham Street, Manchester, M4 1LW. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.